Thursday, April 14, 2016

What I'm Currently Praying About


1// I still don't have answers to whether or not I should get a summer job. It's weird because I guess you are just suppose to pray until you get answers. I kinda knew to this whole trusting God thing and I'm not sure exactly what I am suppose to do.

2// Speaking of trusting God. I feel that I sometimes get conflicting words from various inspirational/encouraging women. Some say get out there and make your life happen and then another will say just trust God and his timing will be perfect. It's hard to know what to do. 

3// For God to help me have grace for myself. I haven't been to the gym since Sunday. I've felt extra exhausted this week. Not only physically exhausted but mentally exhausted. I've just been a slump and I need to get out of it. 

4// For God to give me the tools and guidance to do this parenting well. There are so many things I want to be for Jack. Since Jack doesn't have a father in his life I often feel extra pressure to be all things. Most days I feel like I am failing. I told you this hasn't been my week.

5// To be more present. I read another blogger who said she often more be thinking about other things even when someone was talking to her. Me too! Oh how embarrassed I'd be if they knew. I am going to spend the next 7 days trying to be more present. 

What are you currently praying about?

9 comments:

  1. It can be hard when there are so many conflicting views on spirituality and/ or religion. One thing that a pastor told me a long time ago was to focus on the word and that will give you all the guidance you need. :) That's what I'm focusing on but I know it's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for a job and that this darn back pain will go away soon! I need to focus on being more preset also. I have so much on my mind and I am always thinking about my lists whenever I am talking to someone. Sure, multitasking is awesome, but I need to give my undivided attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an inspiring list. I pray for grace everyday--for myself, especially. It's the one thing that I give to everyone else, but often forget for myself. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post with us on #shinebloghop this week. So glad you were able to join us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you!! I'd say it couldn't hurt to put feelers out there for possible summer jobs, keep praying and then pray about opportunities that come up. Something perfect might fall into your lap or it might become obvious that none of your options are great. God's timing is better than our own and I agree that it's always tricky to know whether it's best to wait or take action. I really love your request to be more present. I'm working on being more focused when I'm with others and put my phone away. It's a pet peeve at my family functions when everyone is on their phone and not interacting. I just wrote out my current prayer requests to help me to remember to pray through them often. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number two is so hard! I just think back to a 'blonde joke' my mom would tell. That she'd pray and pray to win the lottery and God finally said "buy a ticket!" So I try to buy a ticket and let God decide what comes out of it. Also, I stress over whether I'm a good mom to Olivia and Emma and I just try to think about how not only did God give us these children, but he gave these children us. There's something about us that is exactly what they need, whether or not we see it. Keep praying, but keep your chin up. You are exactly what Jack needs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total new reader, but felt like I can relate to all of these! I'm not currently a single mom, but I have been before and I know the pressure that can take on you. As much as I love my life now and am happy in my marriage, I look back on my years as a single mom with pride. To know I can do it on my own was exactly what I needed after going through a divorce. God already knows all of your story...he's at the end of your life looking back. He knows you're exactly where you should be at this moment. Accept his grace, love and mercy. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember feeling the same way early on in my journey as a believer. Trusting God can be difficult because as humans we want answers now. I believe it is both. We do need to get out there and do for ourselves while still trusting He knows what is best for us and in His timing things will come about. It may be you will have to choose between two jobs, or make a change, either way, I don't think we are to remain idle and do nothing. Your heart is open and that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to trust God and know what to do. I have also been praying about a job situation, and sometimes it is hard to know if I should start looking or wait for Him to open a door. Thanks for sharing your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!