Monday, April 18, 2016

Thankful It's Monday

Last week was a killer. It was one of those weeks where I felt like we merely survived. I've never been so happy to see a Monday. It was the fresh start we needed. 

One reason our week was a little different was because Jack's school celebrated Arkansas Children's Week. There were different activities and dress up days. I had prepped everything the weekend before but it still added just enough chaos to our mornings. Here is Jack dressed up as his "what I want to be when I grow up" costume or what I would like to call it "the costume we had on hand". 


I like to make life real interesting. I was babysitting my nephew Saturday and decided it would be a great idea to purchase Playdoh for them. What was smart on my part was buying two that were exactly the same. They still fought because his identical scissors were better than his. I'm pretty sure I said "keep it on the tray" and "don't eat it" 12 trillion times.


While they made Playdoh hair, I downloaded music to listen to while I workout. I have a strong love for the old school jams. This music makes getting on the treadmill that much easier. 


We spent a couple evenings in the bed. Jack and I took turns feeling yuck. Friday after picking Jack up from daycare I knew he really was feeling bad because he didn't walk in the door screaming "I want cookies!" and then he did something unheard of-laid down on his own at five o'clock. A little bit later and he was throwing up which is something he hasn't done since he was one. He was freaked out because he didn't know what was happening. He kept trying to fight it. Poor thing.The rest of the weekend he was okay but he broke out into a rash which was caused from the viral infection he had. 



It was just one of these weeks. I didn't make it to the gym at all which puts me in a funky mood. Work was super busy. We've both felt yucky. There were some good parts: seeing Jack in his dress up gear, lots of extra snuggles, sharing the love of reading with my child, reading all of Melanie Shankles books (yes, I read all three this week), and getting a lot accomplished at work. Even with all the good, the week nearly broke me. 

Welcome Monday, I needed you.

7 comments:

  1. I clicked enter too fast. We had a dress up week last week too! I hate when it's a lot of homework for the parents! Sorry y'all were sick, that's the worst! We get too any stomach bugs and they're awful! Glad it's a new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked enter too fast. We had a dress up week last week too! I hate when it's a lot of homework for the parents! Sorry y'all were sick, that's the worst! We get too any stomach bugs and they're awful! Glad it's a new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boo, sorry to hear this. Mim's been sick too and it's the worst to see your little one not feeling good. I hate viruses. Cheers to a better week this week, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C had that same virus awhile back. It was awful. I hope you have a better week this week!

    PS - We can exchange gym selfies like I do with another friend if you want. Definitely keeps us accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C had that same virus awhile back. It was awful. I hope you have a better week this week!

    PS - We can exchange gym selfies like I do with another friend if you want. Definitely keeps us accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Jack! I hope you are both feeling better! I'm pretty sure these two people have never been in a sentence together before...BUT I love Melanie Shankle & Outkast! Ha! You have great musical and reading taste!
    Hang in there, Mama, it will get easier! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!