Friday, March 13, 2015

5 on Friday

1/ Honestly, this has pretty much been a bum week for me. It started on good and strong and has kinda went downhill. I am feeling super sleep deprived as Jack has been wanting to party from 3am until it's time for me to get up and get ready for work. By this time he goes back to sleep and is happily snoozing as I'm dragging. I've really tried to be positive about this time together by cuddling and holding him. I figure this will probably just be a stage (hopefully) and he'll go back to sleeping through the night.

2/ I'm participating in a boy box swap. I was paired with Ashley at Everything is Hunky Dorey. I'll get to buy her adorable son Wyatt some fun things. One of the great thing about Ashley is that she is a fellow Arkansas blogger. I didn't know her blog existed so I was very happy to add her to my favorite blogs to read. Here is a picture of her precious family. You should check her blog out. I know you will love it as I do. 


3/ My 33rd birthday is Sunday. One of my students (Preston) and I share the same birthday. Each year I go buy us pizza or kids meals and I have lunch with him. I also bring his class cake. It's something we both look forward to each year. Here is the birthday card and note he gave me. The note says I lov you vere more and I can not get the cubcaks sigd Preston sined here. He made me sign on the line promising to bring cupcakes. How cute! 

                                            

4/ Jack has become seriously obsessed with trains. Since he loves these 2 trains so much, I have started taking them away as punishment. Sadly, (and heartbreaking for Mama) taking his trains away is the only thing that seems to bother him. It breaks my heart to see him cry but nothing else has worked. 



5/ I'm ready to spend my weekend celebrating my birthday and when I say celebrating I hope that means some alone time with my Kindle. ha! I'm actually excited about sharing how this weekend goes. Next weekend, two of my besties and I are going to Fayetteville for the weekend. This Mama is super excited about having a weekend with the gals!



5 comments:

  1. I hope Jack starts sleeping better! So sad to discipline them - it breaks my heart too. I just want to give Olivia everything always. :) What a sweet card and Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope your girl's weekend is awesome! Maybe Jack's sleep will get back on schedule as a birthday gift!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #MommyMeetupMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet that you share your birthday with a student! I know that makes him feel awesome that someone thinks of him. And THANK YOU for the shout out!! So excited about our box swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew loves the yellow train from Thomas. So much it's become his lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet birthday story! That's such a special tradition you've got going :) Hope you have had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday this year. I also hope you're getting a little more sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!