Monday, March 16, 2015

33

Yesterday was my birthday, my 33rd to be exact. Once you have a kid, even your birthday becomes about them. Their happiness is your happiness afterall! Jack and I started our day with driving to the donut shop for breakfast. 

Side story: There was a lady who worked there and she had her 18 month old son with her. She was from another country and she explained to me that she hadn't seen her son in 16 months because she had to leave him with her mother so she could come to the United States to work. I asked her if he would be able to stay with her now and she said she didn't know. Her mom was just visiting with her son but she didn't know if she would have someone here to help her while she worked. Isn't that just sad? It made me feel really blessed.



After donuts (and a change of clothes) Jack and I headed to Wal-Mart. Jack and I are participating in a boy box swap (I told you about it here on Friday). We got our shopping done for that and Jack picked himself up a little truck of his own. The child seriously loves anything with wheels!


Although I stuffed myself with lots of unhealthy foods, I still got in some time on the treadmill yesterday. As a plus, my Mom got me 3 months at the local gym! 


This is one sad looking cake but man oh man was it yummy! The humidity was crazy yesterday and the damn thing would not stay together. Like my Mom said "add enough icing and it don't matter how it looks". Choosing strawberry cake was a very good decision! 

I finished my evening with a book. I am done with What Alice Forgot! Okay, here is my honest review. It was just okay. I wasn't in love with it. I liked My Husband's Secret a lot more. My next book that I want to read is The Girl on the Train. 

Hope all you fabulous people had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Sounds like a wonderful day!! A membership to a gym sounds great; getting out of the house, plus exercise...win, win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect! I love that you were gifted a gym membership. I hate spending money on stuff like that so it's nice when people are thoughtful and get you something you'd really use. Good work for the treadmill time too. We've been walking more since the weather has been nice and it feels good to get out and exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!