Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Shenanigans

I was a bad blogger this weekend and didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. I was too busy enjoying myself.

Friday night and Saturday were very low key. The weather was fairly nice on Saturday so Jack and his cousin Bennett played outside for awhile and I got to stay inside and catch up on some tv.

We did celebrate Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast day on Saturday. These heart candies are so cute and yummy.

Sunday morning I decided that I really needed to do some shopping. My mom agreed to watch Jack and I headed out for a shopping day by myself. You can really get a lot done when you are shopping on your own. 

I first hit up Target with a side of Starbucks. I got my Secret Pal lots of goodies that I know she is going to love. I also picked up a few things for some sweet friends. I spent $100 dollars easy in Target but walked away with so many wonderful things. 

Next on the agenda was Old Navy. I found myself two new shirts, Jack a couple shirts on clearance, and my niece Maybree the most precious sleeper. 

Since Kirklands was right beside Old Navy I popped in there and found an Easter door hanger for my Secret Pal and a wooden Easter sign for myself. I just love Kirklands! Items are reasonable priced and adorable-two of my favorite things.

My last stop was JC Penney. I found Jack a couple shirts. We have too many pants and really too many shirts but they were on sale so what could I do? You know how it is. 

I splurged on myself and bought a Smashbox kit. I'm excited about watching some demo videos and getting the best use of it. 


Then I needed to hurry and get back home to enjoy the Super Bowl. My parents were cooking fish with all the trimmings. For dessert my mom made brownies and no bake cookies. Right after she made the cookie mix she poured it over the brownies. The cookie mix hardened up on top of the brownies just like the cookies would. Y'all, I'm serious when I say it was delicious. 


The whole family was ecstatic with the Broncos win. My favorite commercial was the ultrasound Doritos commercial. I thought Lady Gaga did an amazing job and I'm glad she turned down the Gaga for the National Anthem. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week full of all things LOVE. 


5 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up! Your Saturday sounds lovely, I genuinely enjoy a day that involves running errands by myself at my own pace with some added shopping splurges just for me! Those brownies sound really interesting, I've made cheesecake brownies before but I've never thought to put a cookie mix on top. I might just have to try that! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend :) Glad you got to do some shopping on your own. I always forget about Kirklands because we don't have one close by, but they've got some really cute stuff. I'm going to have to give those no bake brownies a try because those are my husband's two favorite desserts. I bet he'd love them. I was so excited that the Broncos won - yay for Peyton!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Mingle Monday! I didn't get to any shopping in for a while but Kirklands always gets all of my money when I go in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Sometimes I think the best indicator of a good time is no pictures--it means you were truly immersed in what you were doing! I am jealous of your shopping trip...it's been a long time since I've shopped without a nagging preschooler dragging behind me! And I am SO trying those brownies ASAP!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #MommyMeetupMondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old Navy clearance is the best! I got C several shirts for $0.47!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!