Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My New Oasis



This is something I never thought I would say BUT I love going to the gym. Yes, the place that many people hate going to. The place that I use to hate going to. It took me a few visits for me to grow to love it but now we are lovers. Every day I look forward to my hour of Ashley time.

There are no kids there! I love kids. Hey, I even have my own little munchkin that I adore. No matter where else I go there are kids...work, the store, a restaurant, Facebook, home. My life is all about kids and I love my job as teacher and mother but man is it nice to have an hour where I am surrounded by myself. Earbuds go in and just like that, it is just me.

I live in a very small town so the gym is never busy. The most people that have been in there at the same time as me was four. It's a great gym and even comes with free tanning.

Currently, I am doing the couch to 5k program. After the first week my body seemed to fall in pace with the workout. My mind and body was enjoying it and I didn't feel like I was dying. Once I finish the cardio workout I hit the weight machines. I focus on my arms one day and my legs the next. Most days I go into the tanning bed for a few minutes. I don't want to look like one of those too tan gals but I enjoy a little color. Plus, I really love laying in the heat and just relaxing after my workout.

The other day I saw a friend there (she has 3 girls) and she confessed that sometimes she just comes up there, lays in the ab lounger, and watches Criminal Minds (they have a DVR where you can record shows). Great idea friend, great idea!

I'm to the point now where my body and mind crave the gym. I'm anxious to get there. I know how great I feel during and afterwards. Now instead of coming home from work feeling like I have to push myself to get things done, I now go to the gym and feel energized after I leave. Although I am spending an hour less with Jack each day, I feel like the benefits of my energy make up for that hour. Once I come home from the gym I have all the energy I need to play with my little guy and get the things done that need to be done each night.

My new oasis is physically and mentally making me happy. I love having a place for me and the scale is starting to not scream so loudly.

Do you have your own personal oasis?

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I always feel so much better after exercising! And it's always healthy to have some alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. AND not feeling like you're dying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! It's exciting when something new starts becoming part of your normal routine. I love having something like this to look forward to every day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!