Friday, June 3, 2016

4 Days Into Summer

It's been a little while since I've made it here to my space. I'm currently four days into my summer break. I'm already feeling really accomplished. The last thing I posted was my summer bucket list. I am obsessed with it and want to do it all and more.

I've already joined the local Boys Club so we can swim. We are just waiting for it to open. They are running behind schedule with some maintance work but we are ready when they do open. I picked up some new beach towels for us to use.

The gym has been my greatest friend and worst enemy lately. I've been doing the whole walking/running thing and yesterday decided that the ellictical would be a good idea. It was not. I am currently laying in a chair with a heating pad attached to my back. Lesson learned.

my official gym hairdo

Me and my gal pals are gearing up for River Fest this weekend. It appears the weather is going to be awful. We are suppose to see Chris Stapleton in concert and I hope the weather cooperates long enough for at least that. The other part of the time we will either be running our mouths inside the hotel or singing along at the piano bar. 

Before school was out we drew for new Secret Pals and I already have an amazing one. Look at the loot I walked away with for summer.


Jack got so many amazing things. We have opened everything except the bubbles. We have too many issues with bubbles. Bubbles cause craziness. And look what I got! An Amazon and iTunes giftcard and some super cute Yellowbox flip flops. It was such an amazing surprise!

Yesterday I started my sewing adventure and let me tell you sewing machines are the devils work. Thank God for YouTube videos. I'm still working on the bobbin and threading. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. As discouraged as I currently am, I am looking forward to seeing my progress by the end of the summer. 

I hope to get into a better blogging schedule once I start feeling more productive in the other areas of my bucket list. I hope to share all of our fun activities, things we are learning, and things we are getting accomplished. 



3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how you summer break was going. Glad to hear it's been productive. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I hope the rain holds off a little and you girls have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all the fun things you've got going on for summer! Hope the weather cooperates for your River Fest plans and that the pool opens soon. Looking forward to hearing more about your fun summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is such a fun time. I don't really want the heat that comes with it but I like the activities you can enjoy while the days are sunnier!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!