Wednesday, June 15, 2016

5 Pics That Currently Sum Up Life

1// All about the comfort. It is H. O. T. but mainly it is VERY humid. Shorts, tanks, flip flops, BB cream, hair tie, and sunglasses are my summer fashion and beauty life. For the next few days we are under a heat advisory so light clothes for sure.


2// Too much sun. Bless his heart but I think we should have reapplied sunscreen a little more often. You could tell where I missed spots. Of course I spent the same amount of time in the sun and I'm still white as a ghost. A little sun wouldn't hurt these legs. We have spent every waking moment we could in the pool and playing outside. We are soaking up lots of sun and doing lots of sweating. 


3// Lots of baking and cooking. I took a cooking break this last semester off school but I'm back at it full force. My favorite thing I've cooked is you take a piece of Italian bread and broil it a little (just enough to give it a little crunch). You then take it out of the oven and put a slice of tomato, a slice of mozarrella, a basil leaf, a little sea salt, and a grizzle of EVOO. You then broil it until the cheese is melted. Oh my goodness it is delicious and when you can pick your own tomatoes in your backyard it is even better. 
Saturday I had an assist in the kitchen while making two batches of brownies, one with and without seeds (Jack calls nuts seeds). However, I think he did more taste testing. 


4// Garden life. In the background of this picture you can see a piece of our garden. We are currently picking beans. We don't need an abundance so once they are ready, we pull the whole plant and pick the beans off under a shade tree. These are pinto beans and last week we focused on snap beans. Once veggie items start becoming ready we stay pretty busy with picking, shelling, freezing, canning, and mostly eating. 


5// Lunch margaritas. My high school bestie and I have met up a few times this summer for Mexican food and margaritas....for lunch. We catch up, make plans, and do lots of laughing. It's so fun having this time to make fun plans for during the day. 


Here are some other fun things I've been up to:

  • working out 
  • listening to podcasts
  • reading wonderful books (I hope to blog about them soon)
  • spending lots of time with my niece and nephew
  • doing professional development and learning some new things I'm excited about
  • sewing (or at least trying to)
  • learning Snapchat (amponder)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that italian bread situation sounds delightful and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gotten hot here and I'm so over it. I want it be Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like we're under a heat advisory here until October! It's so hot and humid. It literally feels like a sauna out there. Thank goodness for pool days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting sunscreen on kids is THE WORST. It's a necessary evil and I dread doing it. I basically have to hold Olive down to apply it. Glad you've been having fun and I sure hope things cool down a bit. We're already having temps in the 90s and I'm over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just summed up summer perfectly in your #1. It’s super hot here, too. Triple digits hot. YUCK! I used to burn and peel, burn and peel before I had Mason. Now it’s hard for me to even get a sunburn. Isn’t that weird? Mason usually gets pink once and then gets a nice tan like his daddy. Lucky boys! Jack is so cute with the brownies all over his face. Mexican food & Margaritas and the company of your best friend, it doesn’t get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!