Monday, June 27, 2016

Weekend Recap

This wasn't an exceptionally wild weekend. Jack and I did some swimming, I made some homemade salsa, I met up with some friends, read, Jack had a playdate with his cousin Bennett, and I did some cleaning. The best parts were the swimming, seeing my friends, and yummy salsa.


After an afternoon of swimming Jack found a pacifier and had fun pretending he was a baby. He was laying on top of me making baby noises and sucking on the paci. He can be such a ham sometimes. Taking him swimming hasn't been as relaxing as I was hoping it would be. He wants to get in and out of the pool and wants to jump off the side. Those two things make it where I have to stick close to him. I do love being in the water with it being so hot.

Saturday night I met up with some friends. This is the second weekend in a row where I've seen friends. Getting to see friends so much over the summer has been so nice. I think the summer has me wanting to get out a little more. We laughed a lot and had a great time.

Friday night I picked tomatoes and there were just so many that I decided to make some homemade salsa. I went to the store and bought a few jalapeno peppers, some limes, garlic, yellow onions, and cilantro. Saturday morning I started by boiling my canning jars. My first batch I made in the blender and I quickly realized that it was too liquidity. I got out the food chopper and I liked the consistency a lot better. I made four jars and we enjoyed one jar yesterday and we will be opening another jar this weekend for our 4th of July party. 

I hope y'all had an amazing weekend like I did. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend of food, family, and fireworks. it is going to an exciting weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love homemade salsa! Great use of weekend time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! I would love your salsa recipe. It's amazing how much better fresh salsa is than jarred. Of course, I get my tomatoes at a Farmers Market, not off the vine, but it is still yummy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pool days will little ones is a lot of work. I'm not a huge fun of going solo with Connor because I don't get a chance to relax at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade salsa! I've never tried making it and canning it so I should look into that so we can enjoy it longer. I'm envious of your huge garden to pick from in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!