Yesterday I shared Jack's summer bucket list and I'm back today to share mine. With only 5 school days left I'm the perfect mix of exhausted and elated. Here in Arkansas we are gearing up for a beautiful weekend. These next few days are going to be our summer trial run. Like our stretches before the big game. So after writing, thinking, scratching out, rewriting, thinking, scratching out (oh my poor brain!) I have finally decided on my summer bucket list.
1. Go swimming a lot. We have a local spot called the Boys Club that Jack and I are going to become a member over this summer. I plan on doing lots of swimming.
2. Learn to sew. I've always wanted to learn to sew so I decided that this summer I am going to take the time while Jack is in daycare to finally teach myself. I'm gathering supplies and getting really excited.
3. Watch Big Brother with my BFF. I've been a fan of Big Brother for forever and tomorrow. My bestie is also a huge fan so we are working on some plans to watch together. It is always so much fun and something I look forward to every summer.
4. Go to the eye doctor. The summer can't be all fun. It is also necessary to get those appointments done so you can save your sick days for actually sick days or the much needed mental health day.
5. Get teeth cleaned. Yeah, another one of those have to appointments.
6. Lose lots of weight. If I manage to lose any weight I will be overjoyed. I do plan on working out hard at the gym and don't forget all the swimming. Fingers crossed on this one.
7. Make a Jack photo album. Very few people make actual photo albums anymore and I'm one of those people who does not have an actual album with pictures of my baby in it. I'm going to rectify that this summer.
8. Send my Secret Pal a gift over the summer. This is the third year I have hosted the Secret Pal exchange at work. It is so much fun! We are drawing names on Tuesday and I'm ready to see who I get. I'm going to send her at least one gift over the summer. I know she will love getting a package in the mail.
9. Get a new car. As much as I love not having a car payment, it is time to get a new car. I have no idea what I'm going to get. My dad always pretty much just tells me what I should get. I'm not a car person so I really don't care.
10. Get hair done. I love my length but it needs trimmed and I need some color applied. I love getting my hair done but I hate shelling out the 100+ dollars that it costs.
11. Attend the I love the 90's concert. I have purchased my ticket and am pumped about it. It is not until the end of July but I'm so excited that the anticipation is well worth it. A bunch of my gal pals are going and I know we are going to have so. much. fun.
12. Go to Riverfest. This is a yearly festival that the girls go to every year. I'm not always able to join but I'm going this year. We are overly excited about seeing Chris Stapleton.
13. Take videos of Jack. My parents would take videos of us kids. Some of our fondest memories were captured on film. I do take some videos of Jack but they are on my phone and I want them on some type of disc. Another project I will feel good about once it is complete.
14. Make homemade ice cream. It is something I've always wanted to do and summer is the perfect time. I have zero idea of how to make it but thank goodness for Pinterest.
15. Read three books. Three books makes it one a month. I hope to read more but I at least want to shoot for three. I have a few picked out that have me excited.
So there is my list. What a busy summer I am going to have if I do all of these things. I'm hoping I don't end up on the couch watching the rest of Parenthood. However, I am sure a couple of days like that are bound to happen.
What is on your summer bucket list?