Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Work Essentials

Two of my goals for 2016 are to start bringing my lunch to work and walking more.

If I bring my lunch, I am saving money and not eating fast food. Another perk is that it feels like I have a longer lunch break because I'm not spending most of my time in the car.

My lunch break is 45 minutes long, and I can easily eat in 15 minutes, which leaves me 30 minutes. 30 minutes! I had been wasting all that time and now I am using that time to work on my other goal-to walk more.

Our school's gym is empty during my lunch break (the PE teacher and I share the same lunch break) and so I walk around the gym and listen to music. Not only is it healthy, but it relaxes me. It is exactly what I need before dealing with 20 kindergartners. Can I get an amen!

Here are some things that make bringing my lunch and walking more much easier.

1// A cute lunch tote. I got this one from Mixed Bags. I love that it is so easy to clean out.




2// Some cheap Wal-Mart tennis shoes. I have my nice workout shoes at home for the treadmill but I picked up this cheap pair to leave at work. 


3// I love this smell by Bath and Body Works. It makes me feel refreshing to spritz this on before heading back into the library.


4// I love my single cup coffee maker by Brentwood. It saves me money because I'm not stopping at McDonald's every day. It also fills me up and gives me a perk of energy around 2:00. 




5// My snack bin. I made a small snack bin full of energy packed snacks like peanut butter crackers and raisins. Instead of walking to the vending machine, I can pick something from my snack bin. I also have protein bars and other 100 calorie treats available in my new cute bin. 



Does anyone have any other suggestions to help me stay on track with my fitness goals in 2016?

1 comment:

  1. Such smart ideas!! I love the lunch bag and you're definitely setting yourself up for success with the shoes, coffee and snacks at work. I always kept a snack drawer with filling options to chow down at recess or during my short breaks. Love that you have a walking buddy. You'll be hitting your step goal in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!