I'm loving my Fitbit. Being able to track how many steps I'm completing each day is a major motivation. Currently, my steps goals is 8,000. I've been reaching that goal for the past week. I'll give it a few more days and then up it a few hundred more. My long term goal is to reach 10,000 steps most days. I'm starting to feel that I will be able to reach that goal as long as I continue to push myself.
Here are some ways I'm making sure I am hitting my 8,000+ steps each day.
1. During my lunch break I eat in 15 minutes and use the rest of my time to walk. Since it has been cold I've been walking in our schools gym. Yesterday it was nice outside so I walked around the school. Putting those earbuds in my ear and walking not only helps me get my steps in but it is a great stress relief during the middle of my day.
2. I no longer stand and wait for something. If I'm waiting on the copier, I walk around the room. If I'm waiting for the microwave, I run in place. Those extra steps really do add up.
3. Instead of having my students run errands for me, I am taking things myself. Since I have an assistant with me I am able to leave the room without leaving the students unattended.
4. I park far away. I use to try to circle parking lots to get the closest spot. Now, I just park at the end. It adds steps and saves me frustration. No more looking for a parking spot!
5. Turning the 15 minute jolt feature on. If I sit for 15 minutes my Fitbit will let me know it is time to get up. I'll do a few laps before I sit back down.
Trying to find ways to add steps in has become a fun little game for me. I enjoy checking my step count throughout the day.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can add steps to my day?