Friday, December 11, 2015

My Christmas Yummy Platter

Each Christmas season I head into the kitchen and spend a whole day cooking up our family's favorite Christmas treats. I make a platter for ourselves (of course!), one for work, and one for the ladies at Jack's daycare.

There are some staples that I make every year like sugar cookies, chocolate dipped pretzels, and Martha Washington candy.

I wanted to share with you what this year's Christmas platter will hold. It is all soooo yummy!

1// Chocolate dipped pretzels with Christmas sprinkles. We make these because they are the simplest things to make, very festive, and also yummy. They are way better the next day too.

Kids can help roll chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks in small Christmas candies or sprinkles!:

2// Fudge. I make a different fudge recipe every year. This year I'm giving this one a go.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:

3// Peanut Butter Blossoms. I've made this recipe numerous times because it is easy and I like easy.

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies {25 Days to an Organized Christmas}:

4// Decorated Sugar Cookies. I found this recipe last year and it was so great I'm going to use it again.

Soft, Sour Cream Cut-Out Sugar Cookies. These are simply the best! A signature family recipe for 25+ years.:

5// Martha Washington candy. We've always had it and we love it. All that dipping can become a pain. Isn't that the Christmas way?

Deep South Dish: Old Fashioned Martha Washington Candy...(coconut & pecans) my grandmother made these and I thought the recipe was lost forever...so happy to find it!!:

I look forward to eating all this decedent candy every year. Oh the calories!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! What a great tradition. I bet everyone loves getting your Yummy Platters. I am making chocolate covered pretzel sticks for Kevin's co-workers and am hoping to squeeze in some sugar cookies next week. My mom and I make a lot of candy right before Christmas. She makes the filling, I roll them out and dip everything. It takes a while, but everyone enjoys them so much. I am starving now and wish I had one of your pb blossoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! We've made these pretzels dipped in caramel then peanuts then chocolate. Its a huge endeavor, but yours are prettier and seem even easier! Dipped candies are always so good - but such a pain. But then so worth it haha. I'm not sure we'll do any dipped this year. Mostly going easy with puppy chow and peppermint bark.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!