Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sleepless Nights

Jack is not the best sleeper. My Mom is always there to remind me that I wasn't the best sleeper either. She says that is the reason there is 7 years between me and my younger sister.

Last night was one of the worst nights in awhile. Jack woke up at 2:30 am and didn't go back to bed. We watched Lilo and Stitch back to back and one episdoe of SVU. When my alarm went off at 6:10 I just chuckled. It was the first time in a long time that I had even set it because my Dad always wakes us up around 6:30 but I wanted to try and get an earlier start. I did not want a 2:30 am early start.

Several times I had to remind myself how blessed I was to have a son to keep me awake. I had to repeat this to myself many times.

Work has been so busy. I am in the midst of getting ready for Math/Literacy Night, bookfair, AND we are in the middle of our fall fundraiser. As librarian, parent coordinator, and PTO treasurer I am involved in all three. Add getting a divorce, Jack's birthday tomorrow, and having to move all my stuff out of our old house and this chick is stressed out.

Thank you baby Jesus for white chocolate mochas that jolt me into gear and to the Dr. Peppers that keep that motor running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart smile!