Monday, January 2, 2017

Life Update: Christmas and Such

Christmas has come and gone. In two short days I'll be heading back to work. December was a fun month. We watched lots of Christmas movies and some made Jack cry. He is a rough and tough kid but he sure has a heart. Christmas morning I made the Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls...they were AMAZING! Bennett spent lots of time here with us and every once in awhile the boys would NOT fight. Maybree has gotten obsessed with hugging everyone-it is super cute. Our work did their annual Christmas Ugly Sweater Party and I wore the same one but I was told that red is my color. On the 20th I went to Jack's Christmas party and once he saw me he was ready to go. I got him to stay for a picture with Santa but that was about it. 



This whole time I never thought that the idea of Christmas morning was sinking in with Jack until 4 am Christmas morning when he was in the living room opening gifts in the dark. Thankfully it didn't take me too long to hear him and was able to see him open the majority of his gifts. He loved everything he got and especially loved the bags of air inside the Amazon boxes. Free toys!


I took all my Christmas stuff down the day after Christmas. I organized and cleaned everything. I even put some of Jack's gifts away for a rainy day. I too got lots of great gifts including Powersheets, boots, a projector, and a few different pair of earrings. Santa was good to us all. 

I'm excited about the New Year and am still narrowing down my one word and my goals. I hope to post about them soon.

Happy 2017!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas break!! Glad you two had such a nice time and I also put back some of Olive's toys to spread out the holiday fun. I'm still narrowing down my word of the year for 2017, too. I'm excited to see what you pick to focus on this year. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!