Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fourth of July

I posted this picture on Instagram the other day but I wanted to share it on here because we used the heck out of these bubbles. I received these bubbles in my Boy Box Swap. They are $1 at Target and they make the best bubbles. I hope Target has some when I visit there on Thursday. I need to stock up. 

This weekend I made two different desserts. One was just a plain white cake mix with white icing and I let Jack throw some patriotic m&ms on it to make it festive. I also made an ice box cake which I'd heard about on The Girl Next Door podcast. It was so good! I need to do a whole post dedicated to it which is going to be my excuse to make another. 


We have a small kiddie pool in the backyard but Jack and I also spent some time at the pool we joined. I never get any pictures of him there because I stay real close since they don't have lifeguards. It is a private pool and the members take turn working there and I'm opening it up today. 


Last night we decided to go on the hunt for fireworks. On our journey we found a rainbow. We haven't had any rain in forever and we go looking for fireworks and found rain but also a beautiful rainbow. Jack was so excited! The rain did disappear and we saw the fireworks show. Jack would yell with excitement and tell us what color they were. He kept screaming our names and telling us to look. We had to sit in the car because at one point we got out to see and oh my the mosquitos. You literally had to keep your mouth closed so they wouldn't get all in your mouth. 


I hope y'all had a wonderful July 4th!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see some fireworks and smart thinking to sit inside your car. Mosquitoes are the worst. Those bubbles look like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love rainbows! I need to pick up those bubbles & you need to post the whole cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you should do a post for that cake. It sounds yummy! I usually don't have a sweet tooth, but ever since I splurged a little on the 4th of July, I am craving sweets!
    That's so cute that Jack yelled the color of the fireworks! Hope you two had a fabulous day at the pool.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!