Friday, June 26, 2015

5 Ways I Stay Organized



1. I read lots of organizational blogs to stay motivated. Pinning ideas and printables gives me new ideas and tools to use. You can check out my Pinterest board by clicking here.

2, Keeping a binder where I manage and store my calendar, work papers and forms, blog stuff, passwords, working out details, and keep track of my goals. Yesterday I was in a workshop and we were talking about our health assessments that we have to complete for insurance. I said, "let me look because I have mine right here". The girl beside me said, "Who keeps their health assessment on them?". I do! I keep my binder with me at all times.

3. Simply putting things back. It takes a lot of umph some days to get my butt up and put those shoes in the closet that Jack just threw off his feet. Once it becomes habit, it makes things so much easier. Before you can start putting things back, make sure everything has a place. In order to do this I had to tackle it in parts. I started with the kitchen. One of the most helpful things I did was making sure I had one place just for lids. It makes finding them so much easier.

4. Make the beds first thing. It gives you a flat surface in each bedroom to work from. There are some days where when I'm putting things back all I do is throw the items on the bed and tackle each bed when I can. I fold laundry on the bed. I organize things on my bed. I use it like a table that has to be cleared by the end of the night.

5.  Cleaning out my car once a week helps me because I spend a lot of time in my car. There is always papers, notes, receips, and tons of trash. Having a freshly clean car makes it so much easier to find the things I need.

What are some things you do to stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my heart smile!