Monday, March 6, 2017

We're Going to the Beach

We are going on a family beach trip to Destin, Florida in May! Jack, my nephew Bennett, and my niece Maybree have never been to the beach which makes this trip even more exciting. As soon as we booked our condo I started shopping for Jack some cute beach clothes. My sister has bought Jack and Bennett matching shirts from Zulilly and I have already purchased Jack's spring/summer clothes. I didn't need a whole lot but I knew I wanted to get a few new things just for the beach.

Our DESTINation

super cute lobster pjs

I'm going to pair this shirt with some khaki shorts. He is going to be adorable!

Whale flip flops to go with the rashguard shirt and trunks below.

Whale rashguard 

Whale trunks

We have over two months until our trip and the anticipation is driving me wild but there are lots of things to plan and buy before then to keep me busy. My sister and I have already been collaberating on a Beach Vacation Pinterest board. 

We want to spend the majority of our time on the actual beach but we do want to get out on the town a few times. I'm excited about taking the kids to Harborwalk Village. There they have lots of shops, rides for the kids, and a small train for the boys to ride in. There is also an amazing water park nearby. We are staying at Sundestin resort and they have lots of fun things for the kids to do also including a splash pad.


We are checking in on a Saturday but we have decided to leave Friday and drive half the way, stay at a hotel, and then drive the rest of the way that Saturday. We knew taking a 5 year old, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old that we couldn't do the drive in one day. I need to prepare all the road trip essentials. 

Since I just went to the beach this past September I remember exactly the things I need to pack. I packed way too much then but will not make that mistake this time. I pretty much stayed in my swimsuit until we went out for supper at night. I just need swimsuits, a beach towel, cover ups, flip flops, and a few evening outfits. Jack will need trunks, a few t-shirts, some shorts, flip flops, floatie, and a few nice outfits. I hope to pack it all in a medium size suitcase. I'll also pack a smaller bag for our roadtip essentials. 

I'm sure you will see many beach posts from me in the coming months. Writing out these posts helps me to organize my thoughts. 

Have you ever been to Destin? If so, where are the best places to go? 


5 comments:

  1. We just got back from Florida and I have to admit our vacation went by far too fast. I am already wanting to head back or at least have Summer arrive here in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the fun is the anticipation and preparation for the trip. Love the pieces you have purchased for baby boy. Those flippies are adorable. Sounds like you will be pampered in style at that resort. Yay for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Destin but I've heard it's great! I love the whale themed bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw how fun! I would love to get away to the beach right about now. Enjoy and looking forward to see pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destin is one of our very favorite spots!! You've got to get The Donut Hole donuts! A few of our other favorite restaurants: McGuires Irish Pub, La Rumba Mexican, Jordano's Pizza take out, Dewey Destin's, Kilwin's ice cream, and Stinky's Fish Camp. The food is so good and nothing beats the white sand + beautiful water there!! You're going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!