What I've accomplished in January:
Relationship with God:
- I read the book of Psalms. I actually finished it on the 24th so I've decided to move onto the book of Romans. I figure February is a short month anyways so I'll need these extra few days.
- I've been praying more often and being intentional in my prayers. My biggest prayer is "I want God's will to be done".
- I haven't been going to church. I'm full of excuses, mainly weather. We did good for awhile but got off track. Going to church and belonging to a church community is important to me so I need to make it a priority.
- I check my bank balance every single day and write it down.
- I paid off two medical bills.
- I did my taxes and now have to start thinking about how to use my refund.
- I deleted some of my favorite shopping apps from my phone.
- I unsubscribed from the shopping emails I get.
Relationship with Jack:
- I got on the floor and built many of train tracks.
- I played puzzles, Pop the Pig, Trouble, Candyland (even when I didn't want to).
- I jumped on the trampoline and we had a leaf fight.
- Jack and I baked cookies several times. The kid loves to be in the kitchen!
- When Jack gets frustrated I would not yell but talk to him in a very soft voice.
- We snuggle often and especially when he starts to get super active. Today he said, "Mama wanna watch Dinosaur Train and snuggle?" Oh yeah sweet child.
- I've read Pete the Cat too many times to count.
- I've let Jack help me with chores.
- I need to put my phone down more. I'm bad about checking and responding to a text message even in the middle of playing with Jack. The other day we went outside to play and I decided to just leave the phone in the house.
- I've taken less pictures which has been bittersweet. I love having pictures but I know how good it is to be in the moment.
Health and Wellness:
- I went to the doctor and got on Paxil. The best thing I could have ever done!
- I've been drinking more water but I still struggle with this one and am looking to buy something to measure my water intake that isn't too bulky.
- Walking more. For some reason I stopped using my Fitbit. I think I just stopped wanting to wear it. Regardless, I have been making a point of walking more.
- I've been sending snail mail to friends to help cultivate those important blogger and in real person friendships.
- I've been checking in with two important Facebook groups. I want to build these relationships with my blogger friends and my Powersheets group. Both groups are so encouraging!
- I've asked a new Powersheets friend to be my accountability partner. She is so encouraging and I love being able to just text and say "I'm not feeling it today".
January went so well that I'm excited for what February will bring. I have some great goals planned and some habits that I want to continue. I can feel our stronger foundation coming together. I can't wait to see all the amazing things that will happen for us in the following months.