Friday, February 3, 2017

February's Tasks

Image result for february clipart black and white

I rocked my tasks in January as you saw in my previous post. Since I'm on such an amazing role I want to keep my progress going. Remember, my word for 2017 is FOUNDATION. For the first time in my life I truly feel like I'm building my life up from the very bottom. My Powersheets have been such a fundemental piece of my success. That prep work was the key. I also have to say the Powersheets Facebook group has been such a blessing. Well without further ado....

February's Tasks

1. Read the books of John and Matthew from the Bible. This task goes to my greater goal of getting in the Bible more so that I can build my relationship with God. My original task for this month was to read Romans but I finished it before January ended. 

2. Pay off 2 medical bills. This task goes to my 2017 goal of becoming more financially stable. Those bills may be two fifty dollar bills but hey that is something.

3. Write down a list of possible passions or callings. Another one of my goals for this year is to explore what my true passion or calling should be. I want to be more involved in something but I feel that I need to focus on one area. Not only will I be making this list but I'll be praying about it as well. Maybe in previous months I can dip my feet into different ones to find the right fit. One of my true passions is my job. I'm not looking for a new job but I'd like to have something that drives me outside of my work. Currently, that is parenting. Yes, I blog but I'd love a passion or hobby to add more substance to my life and to give me more to blog about. 

4. Write out a plan for my tax refurn. This is another task that goes with my goal fo becoming more financially stable. Should I start a savings? Should I pay off one big medical bill? Should I do half and half? I've got some major thinking to do. Last year I called around and asked what was the lowest they would take if I paid cash right then. I paid off two big bills that way and also did some shopping.

5. Post on blog twice a week. I love blogging but deciding to lean into Jack this year has taken away from my blogging. I'm okay with that but one of my goals for this year is to cultivate my relationships with friends, including you, my sweet blogger friends.

6. Write one piece of snail mail a week. This task also goes with my goal to cultivate my friendships. There is nothing like getting a sweet piece of paper mail. I enjoy picking out my stationary and taking out the time to write the words. It has been such a pleasant experience so I want to keep it going this month also. 

7. Bake heart shaped cookies with Jack. One of my goals is to create intentional memories with Jack. Jack LOVES to bake and we actually made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this past weekend. I hope to make several of these heart cookies and share with others.

8. Write prayers down on paper. I heard about this idea and thought it was really cool. I want to see how my prayers become answered or how they change. I think it is also a great way to focus on gratitude because you can't pray without giving thanks. 

I also wanted to include my list of to dos. These aren't necessarily related to a goal but things that need to be done to move me forward and possibly towards a future task.

To Dos:
  • Clean out my car
  • Buy Valentine gifts for my mom and Jack (done since I've written this). I've already gotten Jack's classmates and teachers taken care of. I also got my dad something. My co-workers gift came in today and my Secret Pal gift will be delivered soon.
  • Cancel Netflix
  • Drop off clothes and shoes that were weeded from our wardrobes (using Give Box Back)
  • Research waterbottles that measure water intake
  • Move treadmill into a more usuable location
  • Research or talk to a lawyer regarding changing Jack's last name (Met with a lawyer 1/31)
  • Read another motivational book (Reading Grace Not Perfection was so uplifting and I'd like to read another book that was helpful in achieving my goals). I'm thinking about The Fringe Hours. Any suggestions?
  • Sign up for a 5K my friends and I are doing in April to support our friend whose son lives with Sickle Cell
Well guys, that is what I have so far. I hope to have another successful month where progress is made. I believe that each of my tasks will help me continue to build that strong foundation I'm wanting. 

Do you have one major task that you want to accomplish this month?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you will be making things happen in February. I have big plans for this month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring plan for your month!! I love your big goals, little goals and big thinking you're doing for your life. You're on a roll!! Best wishes for crossing lots of things of your list this month. I kept a prayer journal a few years ago and it was so sweet to add to it daily and then go back and date items when prayers were answered. I'd like to get back in the habit of that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!