1. We made our gingerbread house on Thursday night. Sometimes this craft can be a little troublesome but Jack enjoys it and we always have fun. We make a huge mess but messes can be cleaned up so I'm learning to just let it go.
2. I went to my friend Jessica's house to watch the new Gilmore Girls. We were only able to watch the first two episodes before we had to get some sleep. The plan was for us to get up the next morning and watch the other two but I ended up having to head home. I'm giving away no spoilers but I just wanted to say that it was very eye opening for me. Rory is 32! Zac has gray hair. It was like seeing myself as compared to how I use to be. We really don't give a lot of thought to how much our lives change in our 20s but to see it from this view was very difficult for me to take in. I felt like I haven't aged that much in these ten years or so but I guess I have because Rory is gorgeous and she looks like a grown woman. Your 20's are such big important years and I never took that in until Friday night. Your 20's turn you into adults. It is hard to convey what I'm thinking on this subject but just know that seeing the GG cast after all this time brought up some throught prevoking stuff-some deep and some lighthearted stuff.
3. I had an anxiety freak out about Christmas the other day. Christmas is by far my favorite time of year but it can be super stressful for moms. We want to give our children a magical holiday. I also want there to be traditions and memories. Making sure that all the things get done in 25 days can be very difficult. I'm trying to let some things go but it isn't that easy. There are times when being a single parent is super stressful, and this is one of those times. Just to have someone to take some of the load off or at least someone who could let me vent to them would be nice.
4. Friday the Star From Afar that I ordered arrived. I'd heard about it on Emily's podcast Mom Struggling Well. It comes with a book and this super cute nativity set. You are suppose to read the book and then each night you are suppose to hide the star with the wise men nearby and then you keep moving the star and wise men closer to the manger until Christmas morning when the star and wise men have found Jesus. This year I'm just hiding the star and wise men when I can. Jack has been mostly playing with all the pieces.
5. I'm prepping for some big changes in my life in 2017. I've hired a life coach and we are going to get started right after the new year. I'm getting ready by doing some soul searching and trying to get clear about the changes that I want to make. I don't want to overwhelm the poor woman by throwing all my problems on her. I want to be very intentional about it all. I'm nervous and also very excited for some changes.