Friday, February 24, 2017

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Two of my goals for 2017 is to find more friends in my community and to get more involved. This week I took the first step for both of these goals. I joined the Women's Service League for my town. I've paid the dues and filled out the forms. It is all official! 

I went to my first meeting this week. It was a committee meeting for the women who are helping with the Easter Egg Drop. This is going to be such a fun event and since Jack is at the perfect age for this I decided to help with this project. 

I'm excited to serve my community in such a positive way. Plus, I might meet some cool new people. I have friends who live in other towns but none in my hometown anymore. I want to change this. 

At the meeting this week I made a point to speak up and not just sit back. I'm a good planner naturally (and clearly very humble) so I wanted to make my ideas clear. I am also good at researching things quickly so I used those skills at the meeting also. 

I went back and forth several times trying to decide if I really wanted to commit to this. In the end I decided I needed to do this if I was really ready to commit to reaching my goals in 2017. Of course, I was nervous at first but after a few minutes it was perfectly fine. Now I'm excited about all the ways I can serve my community and also getting to meet new people. 

When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?

6 comments:

  1. That's really cool and a great thing to get involved in! I'm sure you'll make new friends and contribute to your community by doing this. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! That's going to be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I know I needed to lose weight and gain a bit of my old self back so I joined Weight Watchers. It's something I'm doing for me and I am the only one that benefits from my work. Joining anything is always hard for me so this was totally out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Do you know I've formed some of the best friendships by stepping out of my comfort zone? Blogging and relationships as result is a good example ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! This sounds like a really fun project that you are perfect for! Sometimes these kind of events get planned without the help of parents of little ones so I know your opinions will be really helpful. And Jack will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stepping out of your comfort zone is great. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!