Friday, January 8, 2016

First Week of 2016 Recap

Isn't the new year great? All my favorite things are front and center at Wal-Mart (you know totes and bleach), people are posting all their new planners that they are going to use to get it together, and (my favorite) all the fitness and healthy food talk. Ah, I love it! I really do (seriously, no sarcasm). I love all things planning/organizing/fresh start/cleaning/getting it together. So this week has been wonderful for me.

The Funniest 2015 New Years Resolution Jokes The Twittersphere Has To Offer:

Aren't we all our best selves the first week of the new year?

I've been calmer and nicer.

I've been dressing up and eating better.

I've been walking.

My monthly calendar for January is filled out and on the fridge.

I've been on my Mama game, staying stern but not yelling, yet having lots of fun.

To do lists made with things actually marked off.

The first week of January is great!

Of course, I hope to keep all these things up. Don't we all? What a nice and healthy world we would live in if we stayed who we are from the first week of January and on.

Here are some of the best parts of my week:

It has been VERY cold here in southeast Arkansas. It hit the lower 50's on Sunday and so I decided to bundle us up and head outside for about 30 minutes.

I've packed my lunch all week and walked during my lunch break. It really makes me feel so much better. Before, I would have spent money eating out and wasted that time in the car. It puts me in such a better mood by doing the walking.

Every morning at school we have a moment of silence that lasts a few minutes. I take that time to quickly read my 3-Minute Devotions For Women. Such a nice way to start my work day!

Tuesday I had my informal observation and it went really well. The kids were spot on and so was I-those moments are so great to have. 


I have really enjoyed all my new Christmas gifts. I love this gold and silver cross necklace. Another gift I see in this picture that I love is the new quilt set. I love a quilt much better than a comforter because they are much easier to wash. 

Going back to work after a two week break has not been easy so I've had a little more down time after work than I use to. With that extra time I have been binge watching The Middle. I'm in love with this show now. Better late than never, right? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a wonderful week and I hope it continues for another week. I like being on my A game. It feels great to exercise, save money, eat better, get things cleaned and organized, and focus on the things I enjoy the most. 

Cheers to one week in the right direction!

What has been the best part of your week? 

I recently updated my About Me page if you wanna check it out. 




3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen In The Middle- heard good things about it though. Yes it is funny how good everyone starts off the year.. the trick is to somehow figure how to not let it all fall apart ;) That necklace is pretty. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've had a good first week back! I love the beginning of a new year too!! So much goal setting, hope and organization for the new year!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great!! Love all the positive things going on in your life. I've been really tempted to buy storage containers every single time I've headed into a big box store, but have resisted. I missed the after Christmas clearance ones so maybe next year. Good luck with maintaining all this goodness. The high in Indiana on Sunday is in the 20s so we are bracing for winter weather.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!