Monday, June 4, 2018

Start of Summer

Hello sweet summertime! We've been on summer break for a total of four days. We have made the best out of those few days. This whole week I'm in a Computer Science workshop so that part isn't great but I am learning a lot.

Memorial Day weekend four of my sweet friends and I went to Orange Beach. We were there for three nights and the whole week before we were worried how Tropical Storm Alberto would mess up our trip. We didn't even pack our beach chairs. Once we made it there we went straight down to the beach thinking we would only get a few hours of beach time the whole trip. We were very wrong. By the second day we headed to the store and picked up some beach chairs.

We only had rain for maybe an hour the whole trip. We turned out so lucky.


One of the highlights of the trip was getting to taste this delicious banana split. It was an hour wait but oh my word it was great! This place is called The Yard and has been open just over a year in Gulf Shores. The place next door was pretty great and had the best guacamole. 


Two of the few days we have been on summer vacation Jack and I have been to this pool about 25 miles away. I had actually forgotten about this gem but was reminded about it on the drive back from the beach. Jack really loves it but taking him can get a little nerve wracking because he doesn't want to wear his floaties. He had a pretty big meltdown on Sunday over it but thankfully did get over it. 



We've also been dealing with this super hot summer by playing with water in the yard. I bought a couple of water shooters and filled up a tub with water. Bennett came over and they had a blast shooting each other with water and chasing each other around the yard. 


I'm holding this summer a lot closer to my heart since Jack will start kindergarten in August. I know that once big school starts that the growing up happens entirely too quickly.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your beach trip turned out great! I love the Gulf Shores area. We're headed to Destin soon. We also love going to the pool. I have to be super strict and say that my kids have to wear their puddle jumpers or we leave. I can't keep track of the kids safely without them!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!