Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Transitioning

I'm back today but don't know just yet when I'll be back more full time. Transitioning back into a full work schedule has been fairly difficult. Today marks our third full week back at school and although we aren't running like a well oiled machine, we are getting there.

Our mornings are pretty flawless and I'm getting to work early. This year I have an added job that is both stressful and exciting. I hope to do an amazing job, become a critical part, and hopefully add more to my resume. More money would not make me sad. Being on a single mom budget takes a lot of balancing. I get paid once a month and so once that money is gone-it's gone, but let me not ramble.

I'm doing fairly well with packing my lunch. The key is packing it the night before. I often have to tell myself "get in there and just get it done". I find it hard to think about food when I've recently had supper. I try to pack it while I'm making supper.

So let's talk about supper. I'm a big fat failure in this category. I'm talking corndogs, chicken fries, and noodles type of failure. Basically, I'm rocking it at work so I'm white knuckling it at home.

By the time I make the commute home I'm mentally and physically exhausted. The sickness has hit.  We've spent a few evenings outside enjoying the nice breeze. However, the warmth and humidity has come back full force and the tease I got hasn't made me too happy.

Our nightly routine is going pretty well. Jack still isn't the best sleeper. We have both good and bad nights. There are literally some nights where I go to sleep and he is just playing around me. I'll wake up a little while later and he will be fast asleep beside me.

I want to spend this week working on finding more energy after school, cooking more, and putting together more creative work attire. I am pretty basic but this year I've added in some colored pants and I want to work off that and mix things up.

Here are a few pictures from the past week.

Jack stacked all the pillows he could find to reach the light, and well, he feel. He's fine and he didn't learn his lesson.

My Secret Pal surprised me with a much needed large iced coffee from Sonic. I was pleasantly surprised how good it tasted!

My mom got me this cute bag that I will be taking with me to the beach.




3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted today, I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how school was going! I taught one year & was stinking exhausted when I got home! Even my voice hurt from talking loudly all day! I would come home and watch two hours of 90210 reruns everyday! The crockpot was my best friend back then, otherwise I had ZERO energy to cook!
    It was good to hear from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing a great job of getting things done, trying new things and managing life at home. Olive is covered in bruises because she's constantly running into walls, tripping and falling and falling from climbing everything. Maybe we should bubble wrap these cute kiddos of ours!?! Good luck starting a new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do crock pot meals? Throw everything in the night before while you're packing your lunch and stick in the fridge overnight so all you have to do in the morning is turn it on? This has been a lifesaver for us.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!