Thursday, September 24, 2015

Make Your Own Shirts

With money being tight I decided to make some cute shirts for Jack that I've seen around. I originally wanted to buy Jack this shirt.

pumpkin patch shirt perfect fall tractor by zoeysattic on Etsy, $16.50:

The shirt I made for Jack isn't nearly this cute but I'm completely new to this. I'm going to use the one I made is an undershirt and pair it with a cute over shirt or light jacket.


I also couldn't stop myself from making this shirt. 


What I used:
1. Printer
2. White shirts
3. Print and transfer paper
4. Picmonkey

It took messing around with Picmonkey and using regular paper until I got exactly what I wanted. I wish that our Walmart had more options because I wouldn't have went with white shirts but I'm still pretty happy with how they turned out. It was fun just getting to design and make something specific for Jack. I have one more shirt I plan on making with just a monkey and Jack's name. We all call him monkey so I thought it would be cute. I really recommend making a few shirts of your own just for fun. It is also much cheaper.

What kind of shirt would you make?


7 comments:

  1. You are so creative! Love the pumpkin shirt. I didn't even realize you could do these things with picmonkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends made me shirts when I was pregnant with Wyatt, and they were similar to this. I should remember to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighter the shirt, the better they turn out. When you use colored shirts, you can see the iron transfer stuff on the edges. I guess if you had the time to meticulously cut it perfectly it would still look great. I made a bunch of 4-H t-shirts once, so i was in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked at the transfer paper before but was worried it would' work well. I'll have to give it a try now!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #mommymeetupmondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've looked at the transfer paper before but was worried it would' work well. I'll have to give it a try now!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #mommymeetupmondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've looked at the transfer paper before but was worried it would' work well. I'll have to give it a try now!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #mommymeetupmondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. We used to do iron on shirts in highschool, but I haven't thought about using them for little ones. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart smile!